Finals take place on zoom. Everybody is welcome to watch on Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/UTStartuplab/. In the finals, all teams have 3 minutes to pitch their idea and 3 minutes for questions from the jury. Finals start at 16.00 and end approximately at 17:15. Winners will be announced at 18:00 at UT sTARTUp Lab Facebook page.
Win awards to support your startup
In the finals, TOP 10 team will compete for awards like:
- The best STARTERtartu programme team will pitch at STARTER finals at sTARTUp Day in January 2021 http://www.startupday.ee
- Best healthcare idea will win tickets to EIT Health Summit.
Financial award from Tartu City Government
- Special awards form sTARTUp Lab
- Tickets to Latitude59
- Tickets to sTARTUp Day 2021
TOP 10 teams to Kaleidoskoop Finals have been selected!📣
🏅Where's the Food
The competition was tough! So many good ideas were submitted. The jury discussed long before picking out the TOP 10 teams. Congratulations again to all finalists!
The jury in the finals
- Triin Kask (Nevercode co-founder)
- Ott Pärna (Head of Marketing at University of Tartu Delta Centre)
- Alo Lilles (Chief Business Development Specialist at Tartu City Government)
Kaleidoskoop Finals Assessment criteria
- The essence of the problem
- Novelty of the solution
- Market product fit
- Progress made including MVP
- Team's competence
- Pitching skills
Kaleidoskoop has been a great starting point for many student teams who are now functioning companies. For example, the winner of the 2017 autumn season, Decomer Technology produces water-soluble packaging materials. The winner of the 2018 autumn season, TRIT makes ordering translation services easier. The best Starter team in 2019, CommuniCare is a social platform that unites volunteers all over Estonia to provide companions and communication partners for the elderly living in nursing homes. The winner of last year’s Kaleidoskoop, the student team Münt produces eco-friendly toothpaste tablets.
According to Manager of sTARTUp Lab Maret Ahonen, Kaleidoskoop is not just the final event of the STARTER programme but an opportunity for teams to be seen and to introduce their product or service. “While there may not always be investors on the Kaleidoskoop panel of judges, there are always people who are active on the startup scene and whose support can help teams make a huge leap in their development.” She said Kaleidoskoop takes place for the 14th time already and that even the participants who do not get awards are satisfied. “They always say the competition helped them build confidence.”
The event is funded by the European Social Fund and EIT Health
I am aware and I give my permission to:
1. Take pictures of me at the public event.
2. Use the pictures and videos for marketing purposes in the programme communications.
3. Use my information for entrepreneurship programme Edu ja Tegu participants statistics and feedback.