We are inviting all early-stage student teams and startups to participate in the students’ business ideas competition Kaleidoskoop pre-selection! In the pre-selection round, the best teams will be selected to compete in the finals.
In the Kaleidoskoop pre-selection, all the teams have to pitch for 3 minutes and after that, the judges will ask questions for 2 minutes. Teams can pitch in Estonian or in English.
All the teams are competing for:
- Tickets to the finals at Latitude59 (top 3 STARTER teams)
Monetary award from Tartu City
- Special prizes from Tartu University and CDL
Judges are Kristina Lillo the Innovation lead at SEB Eesti and former eAgronom Product Manager Anastasiia Shevchenko, who are both active members of the startup ecosystem.
Pre-selection is open to all early-stage student teams that…
- Have been developing their idea for no more than a year.
- Have not been awarded at previous Kaleidoskoops.
- At least 50% of members study at universities and vocational or general education schools.
What are we looking at pre-selection?
- The essence of the problem
- The novelty of the solution
- Product market fit
- Progress made including MVP
- Team's competence
- Pitching skills
The best 3 STARTER teams will be awarded tickets to Latitude59 https://latitude59.ee/
where the the finals are held on May 26 together with STARTERtallinn.
Finals are not just the final event of the STARTER programme but an opportunity for teams to be seen and to introduce their product or service.
The event is funded by the European Social Fund.
I am aware and I give my permission to:
1. Take pictures of me at the public event.
2. Use the pictures and videos for marketing purposes in the programme communications.
3. Use my information for entrepreneurship programme Edu ja Tegu participants statistics and feedback.