Kaleidoskoop FinalsKaleidoskoop is one of the biggest students’ business ideas competition in Estonia organized by the University of Tartu Startup Lab. Best teams from Kaleidoskoop pre-selection will compete in the finals for awesome prizes.
Announcement! We are sorry to inform you that due to the Covid situation, sTARTUp Day will take place August 24-26 and the Kaleidoskoop finals for Autumn 2021 will take place online via Zoom. Two finalists from Kaleidoskoop Autumn 2021 will get the opportunity to pitch at sTARTUp Day in August!
- Urumarja Saunalaager
- UV link
- Vinyl Lovers
The five finalists will compete for awards:
- Financial award from Tartu City Government
- Special awards from sTARTUp Lab
- Tickets to the next sTARTUp Day
Kaleidoskoop Finals assessment criteria
- The essence of the problem
- The novelty of the solution
- Market product fit
- Progress made including MVP
- Team's competence
- Pitching skills
- At least 50% of the team members should be students from universities, vocational or general education schools.
- All the teams have 3 minutes for a pitch.
- The teams will have 3 minutes for questions from the jury.
- A perfect pitch would include the following information: team name, description of the problem, offered solution, potential market, competition, business model, the competence of the team.
- A pitch has to be in English.
- You can use slides, but they are not compulsory!
Kaleidoskoop has been a great starting point for many student teams who are now functioning companies. For example, the winner of the 2017 autumn season, Decomer Technology produces water-soluble packaging materials. The winner of the 2018 autumn season, TRIT makes ordering translation services easier. The best Starter team in 2019, CommuniCare is a social platform that unites volunteers all over Estonia to provide companions and communication partners for the elderly living in nursing homes. The winner of last year’s Kaleidoskoop, the student team Münt produces eco-friendly toothpaste tablets.
The event is funded by the European Social Fund.
I am aware and I give my permission to:
1. Take pictures of me at the public event.
2. Use the pictures and videos for marketing purposes in the programme communications.
3. Use my information for entrepreneurship programme Edu ja Tegu participants statistics and feedback.